I always used to wonder how they make Knorr soups so delicious. I was sure it is some kind of unhealthy taste maker. There is also a lot of cornflour in these soups. I also thought that I can never make anything equivalent to it at home. Until I found this recipe. This can beat any Knorr or Maggi soup.
- 1 cup finely chopped mixed vegetables
- 2 tsp finely chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 2 tbsp quick cooking rolled oats
- 1 tsp oil (optional)
- salt and black pepper (kalimirch) powder to taste
- Water (enough to cook vegetables and still have some water content left)
- 1/2 tsp Chaat Masala
Coriander for garnish
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the onions and garlic and sauté till the onions are translucent.
- Add the vegetables and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add 2 cups of water and salt and pepper. Allow it to come to a boil and simmer till the vegetables are tender.
- Add the oats and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with the coriander.
You can also cook this in Microwave oven. Mix all the ingredients mentioned and put it in the microwave oven. Keep on low heat and keep checking that it doesn’t overflow.
Best recipe for people who are on diet.