My husband just loves Basundi. People used to tell me it is difficult to make. Even my mom has not tried making it. Someone told me this simple recipe for what I think is one of the most delicious creation by human beings. There is a lot of effort but the procedure is simple.
- 1 litre full fat milk
- 2 cups sugar
- dry fruits (optional)
- Kesar optional
How to make –
- Pour milk (1 litre full fat milk) in a thick bottomed sauce pan or kadai.
- Keep stirring on low flame and stir till it thickens
- Once it thickens slightly add sugar and keep stirring.
- You will have to stir often so that it does not stick to the bottom. Milk also has a tendency to turn brown or burn.
- Let it thicken. There will be milk solid stuck to the vessels. Scrape it and put it back in the basundi mixture.
- Add dry fruits if you wish. I like it plain.
Honestly, I got a little tired of the stirring, so don’t go by the picture. But it had a homely taste to it, so it was lovely anyway. For correct reference of how it should look. refer some pictures on the internet.